- April 4, 2013: UC Berkeley, EECS Swarm Lab
- March 26, 2013: Carnegie Mellon University HCI Institute
- March 6, 2013: HRI 2013 full paper presentation
- March 3, 2013: HRI 2013 invited talks for Young Pioneers and Collaborative Manipulation workshops
- February 20, 2013: University of Washington Bothell CSS HCI guest lecture
- February 12, 2013: Disney Animation Studios
- February 6, 2013: Stanford Communication Computers and Interfaces guest lecture
- January 14, 2013: Bloomberg BusinessWeek Design
- December 13, 2012: Sennheiser Research USA
- November 6, 2012: UC Berkeley, School of Information
- September 11, 2012: Creative Commons
- May 2, 2012: NASA Telerobotics Symposium Goddard Space Center
- April 3, 2012: Yale University Computer Science Department
- March 19, 2012: University of California, San Diego Cognitive Science Department
- March 16, 2012: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor School of Information
- March 8, 2012: HRI 2012 Telepresence Robots Panel
- March 5, 2012: HRI 2012 Pioneers Workshop Panel
- March 2, 2012: Washington University Computer Science Department
- February 29, 2012: University of Wisconsin – Madison HCI Lab
- February 15, 2012: CSCW 2012 Conference Presentation
- October 4, 2011: NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group
- August 5, 2011: Kicker Design Device Design Day
- May 9, 2011: CHI 2011 Conference Presentation
- March 10, 2011: Uni Zurich People and Computing Lab
- March 7, 2011: HRI 2011 Conference Presentation
- March 2, 2011: UC Berkeley Berkeley Institute for Design
- November 19, 2010: Stanford CS547 People, Computers, and Design Seminar
October 2012: As part of the TR35, I presented a brief talk at EmTech in Cambridge, MA (MIT Media Lab).
October 2012: I went to Maine for the PopTech Science Fellows training and conference.
September 2012: I presented our full paper on need finding amongst home automators as part of the Ubicomp conference program in Pittsburgh, PA.
World Economic Forum GAC Workshop
August 2012: I presented our work on telepresence robots at the Robotics and Smart Devices GAC (Global Agenda Council) workshop at the National University in Singapore.
May 2012: Irene Rae presented our full paper as part of the CHI conference program in Austin, TX.
NASA Telepresence Workshop
May 2012: I joined a panel and breakout discussion workshop on terrestrial telerobotics in DC.
March 2012: I presented on a couple of panels and my co-authors, Caroline Pantofaru and Kaijen Hsiao, will be presenting our two full papers as part of the HRI conference program in Boston, MA.
February 2012: We presented our latest published research on the metaphors people use to make sense of remote presence robots in Seattle, WA.
CHI 2012 PC meeting
December 2011: CHI 2012 PC meeting in Boston.
HRI 2012 PC meeting
November 2011: HRI 2012 PC meeting at GA Tech.
October 2011: We presented our latest published research on getting mobile remote system pilots to self-regulate their volume levels in Santa Barbara, CA.
September 2011: We presented our latest published research on what occupations robotic experts think robots should do in San Francisco, CA.
May 2011: Min Kyung Lee (CMU) and I presented at CHI 2011 on the social norms surrounding mobile remote presence systems in the workplace in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Device Design Day 2011
Homebrew Robotics Club
In July, we hosted the Homebrew Robotics Club at Willow Garage.